Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

December 7, 2015


This morning first thing, Sister Fanning went to Hanford Dermatologist to get her stitches out.  She was in the office only about 5 minutes.  The incision from the skin cancer removal was healing well and looked good.

We stopped at the grocery store in Lemoore for a few things for lunch.  We were amazed at the prices.  We got a dozen eggs, six Roma tomatoes, two avocados, and two bags of grapes.  It cost almost $28.

We came back to the apartment so Sister Fanning could bake cookies for lunch.  She baked two dozen aloha cookies.  We then made a chicken taco casserole and some homemade guacamole.  We had the elders and sisters to lunch and everyone liked the casserole.

After the missionaries left, Elder Fanning went to the post office to mail a package to our grandson in Pocatello.

Sister Fanning baked another seven dozen cookies for family home evening and zone meeting.

We relaxed for about an hour before we had to leave for family home evening.  We left about 6:15 so we could set up the room.  Elder Fanning gave the lesson on the Christmas devotional and had everyone share their favorite part of the program. We had a game of And It Came to Pass going and also a game of Uno.  Jack and Betty came with their two children.  Tiffany was babysitting Jerry and Candy’s three children and she brought them.  Abraham and Susie came and brought their little girl.  We also had the sister missionaries there along with the mother of a sailor and a young single adult.  With the two of us, we had 17 attend family home evening.  We had several little ones there, so we ended about fifteen minutes early so parents could get their children to bed.

We got home about 8:45.  Sister Fanning returned a call from the compassionate service leader in the Ward to answer questions about some of the military families.

Sister Fanning was still having a hard time with withdrawal symptoms.  She was feeling okay this morning, but by about 11:00, she started being dizzy and feeling a lot of pain.  Elder Fanning was very helpful with the cooking.  She was okay at family home evening as long as she stayed seated and did not move her head much.


Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: