Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

April 11, 2016


Last night Sister Fanning could not sleep.  The pressure from her CPAP mask caused too much pain.  She ended up sleeping in the recliner chair on and off during the night.  The pain pills did not work very well.

She called the dentist in the morning, and was able to get in first thing. After taking an x-ray, they determined that she had an infection at the tip of the root of a tooth that has a crown. They gave her a prescription for an antibiotic and a referral to an endodontist to do a root canal.  They will drill a hole in the crown, do a root canal, and then fill the hole in the crown. She has to go to Fresno to get the procedure done.

We stopped to get the prescription filled on the way home. Sister Fanning took an antibiotic and a pain pill when she got home.  She was amazed at how well the antibiotic worked in just an hour or two.

She made a double batch of dulce de leche bars.  She also made a taco casserole for lunch with the sister missionaries.  We also had some grapes for lunch.  We enjoyed visiting with the sisters and talked about who was leaving in transfers this week.

The sisters left about 2:30.  We just relaxed for the afternoon.  The elders called us to see if we could come to a dinner appointment with them.  Sister Ortega was alone at the apartment and the elders could not go inside by themselves.  Elder Fanning went to have dinner with them.  Sister Fanning prepared everything for family home evening.

We stopped at the cleaners on the way to family home evening. The sister missionaries taught the lesson on staying on the straight and narrow path.  A Navy wife came with her sister and four children.  Adam, Tiffany, and Cade came and brought two young single adults from the Ward.

We had 15 people total.  Elder Fanning took the three older children to the nursery.  We had games of It Came to Pass and Hand and Foot.  Cade and a young single adult came late, so we stayed late and played a game of It Came to Pass with them.  Adam also stayed.  We did not leave the base chapel until 9:00.

We got home about 9:30.

Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: