Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

May 6, 2016


We did apartment inspections for the Lemoore elders and sisters this morning.  The sisters did really well and the elders did pretty well.

We filled out the rental applications and emailed them when we got home.

We went to the base to shop at the exchange.  We bought three more baby gifts.  We think they are the last baby gifts.  We also went to the commissary for groceries.

When we got home, we checked with the property managers in Pocatello. They received the applications.

Sister Fanning sent texts for the resiliency class.  We had to move it to the base because the carpets are being cleaned in the chapel.  Elder Fanning reserved a classroom and the nursery at the base chapel.  We coordinated everything with the students and childcare.  Jude and Tara dropped out of the class because she is having some health issues.

Sister Fanning also had Mercy come over to try on her temple dress.  She was able to mark the final stitching to be done.

We got a text from our daughter.  The property manager called to tell us they are pretty sure that we will get the house.  They did not want us to “fret” over the weekend.  We will know for sure on Monday.

We went to see Candy.  She is really struggling.  We talked for almost an hour.  Elder Fanning took her oldest son – six years old – for a walk to talk to him about behaving.  The kids are all missing their Dad a lot.  Jerry is struggling on deployment.  He is passing on his struggles to Candy, who is struggling on her own.  We made arrangements to pick up the kids for lunch tomorrow.

We went to see Abraham and Susie.  They are doing well.  They are starting preparations to get sealed in the temple.  They want to do it on a special day – May 6.  His first year of membership will be up in August, but they are waiting to get sealed in the Salt Lake Temple until May next year. Their little boy is almost three months old, and really cute.  Their two-year-old is very shy and stayed away from us most of the visit.

We got home about 8:30.


Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: