Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

May 24, 2016


We had quite a day today.  We left this morning at 9:30 for the temple. There was a departing missionary session at 11:30.  A counselor in the temple presidency spoke to us for a half hour before the session.  We had a wonderful session with the President Clark and his wife as the witness couple.  President Clark and his wife met us as we entered the celestial room with thanks for serving.

We took pictures outside the temple with all of the departing missionaries and President and Sister Clark.  We will miss Sister Niera who is going back to Barcelona Spain.  We will also miss Elder Munzon and Elder Perkins who served with us in the Hanford Zone.

They did not have enough vehicles to transport the missionaries back to the mission office, so we put three sister missionaries in our back seat and drove them there.  We went in to the office to say hello.

While we were in the temple we had multiple calls and texts from the bishop, stake president, military relations service missionary coordinators, a counselor in the bishopric, and our daughter.  The Stake President moved his appointment from 7 pm to 5 pm. We had four stops to make and almost an hour drive in the next two hours.  We stopped to get some packing supplies, gasoline, Sudafed, and lunch from Chick Fil A.  We ate in the car on the way home.  We returned all of the calls and texts that we could on the way home.

We got home about 4:45.  We picked up Elder and Sister Gressel and headed for the Lemoore chapel for an appointment with the Stake President.  We had a good meeting and introduced the Gressels.

We drove to the Ward Mission Leader’s and met with him and his wife.  We had a nice visit again.

We drove to the Bishop’s home and met with him and his family.  We again had a nice visit.  The little girls brought us glasses filled to the brim with water, and a plate of saltine crackers, popcorn, pretzel sticks, and Nutella.  It was really cute.

We left and drove home to pick up our resiliency materials.  We had an appointment to teach the last two lessons to Sabine and Sasha at 8 pm.  The Gressels came and we had a very good time and the lessons went well.

We got home about 9:30.  We spent 12 hours just moving from task to task until we got home and crashed.

Departing missionaries – two poses




Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: