Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

July 25, 2017


Will found a flight that got him home seven hours earlier than expected.  He changed his ticket and Sister Fanning took him to the airport early.  Our hotel was about five minutes from the airport.

We had an appointment with President Stubbs at 11:00 this morning.  It was p-day and there were missionaries all around the Mission Office.  Sister Fanning was still sick, so she did not give hugs or handshakes.  Our discussion went well.  President Stubbs said that after two previous missions, we probably were more on top of things than he was.  He just told us to use the Spirit to guide us in our calling, and we would do fine.  He also told us we were free to leave the mission under special circumstances, just to let him know first.  He encouraged us to go see the Mormon Battalion Visitors’ Center.  We also visited with him about the Resiliency Program for the Military.  He said that Elder and Sister Wiggin were just talking to him about their struggles trying to implement the Resiliency Program.  President Stubbs said we were an answer to a prayer and that was one reason why we were here.  He asked us to visit with Elder and Sister Wiggin about our experience.

We went back to the hotel and checked out.  We drove the 10 miles/20 minutes to our apartment.  It seems to get anywhere; we have to take multiple freeways.  It can be a nightmare at rush hour.  We were told to try to stay off the 805 from 6 am to 10 am and from 3 pm to 7 pm. The 805 is the freeway right next to our apartment.  We will see how things go.

We stopped by Target to get a shower curtain.  We also went to Aldi to get a few groceries.

Our goal when we got to the apartment was to get both shower curtains up and the bed made.  We managed to do both.  We unpacked all of our clothing in six suitcases.  We were too tired to go out to get dinner, so we utilized the Door Dash app on our phones.  We ordered from a Chinese restaurant in Chula Vista and had it delivered.  The food was plentiful and good.  We were pleased with the service, even if it cost about $10 in fees to use Door Dash. We figured we would have enough for about four meals.

We went to bed early since Sister Fanning was still not feeling very well.  She was also very tired.


Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: