Bold Adventurers

Elder Reed and Sister Vicki Fanning, LDS Senior Missionaries

August 7, 2017


This morning Sister Fanning made three pounds of cocktail meatballs in the crock pot.  She did not have all the things she needed to make them, but found them in bins.

We left late this morning for the Naval Fleet Center to get Sister Fanning’s fill the prescription that she got from the doctor on Friday.  The wait was 55 minutes.  We took a number and then walked around the corner to the food court for lunch.  We had pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut.  When we got back, the wait was still over a half hour.  We had an appointment in a half hour so we left with plans to return later.

We drove to the Coronado Naval Amphibious Base for our appointment with Chaplain Hyder.  We were on time, but found out that he had moved his office to North Island Naval Air Station three weeks ago. There was a very nice lady who called him to let him know we were there, and would be coming to North Island.  She gave us good directions and we were able to drive right there.  Traffic on Coronado Island was slow as molasses as usual.

We had a very good meeting with Chaplain Hyder and Chaplain Anderson.  Chaplain Hyder took the list we had of the ships and told us he would do some checking and see what he could find.  He also told us to email him the list, and he would forward it to Chaplain Hoffman. We talked to him about the concerned mother of the BUD/S trainee.  He was going to let us know who the chaplain is over the BUD/S training.  He also told us to send him the information about the LDS worship services we hold on Sunday at the Base Chapel, and he would disseminate that information to the ships and units on Coronado Island.

We went back to the Naval Fleet Center and decided to drop the prescription off and not wait for it to be filled.  There was still about a ten minute wait for the drop off.  We went to the Exchange for some picture hangers and a kitchen brush.

We stopped at Cox to drop off the cable boxes.  It was another long line and long wait.  We were able to cancel the service without any problem.  We are not sure if they will try to charge us for the time we had the boxes or not.  We never had the service we wanted.

Elder Fanning had a package that was undeliverable because he omitted the apartment number.  We went to the post office to see if they had it.  Unfortunately, they did not have it.  We also mailed a package and got some stamps.  Sister Fanning saw the postal carrier at the mail boxes when we got home.  She asked him about the package.  He also did not have it.  We think it must have been returned to the sender.

It seemed that we stood in lines all day long.  Every errand took an hour between travel time and standing in line.  It is very different being in California.

Sister Fanning worked on organizing the kitchen and unpacking the rest of the kitchen items.  We now have one room that is finished.  We had to move the furniture around for the Direct TV hookup.  It works a lot better having the TV on the other side of the room.  We still have work to do in the living room.

Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: